Monday, May 24, 2010

Bonne fête pour moi

A common dilemma for the food conscious is what to eat/ serve for birthdays. Well, as the saying goes, "let them eat cake!"

I often have so many recipes that I would like to try and have been wanting to make this for a while. It just so turned out that the timing was close to my birthday. This was the second course of supper.


This great coconut custard cake recipe comes from just-making-noise and the wonderful ice cream recipe comes from The Spunky Coconut. There are many options for a variety of dietary needs. This particular cake is not only gluten free but grain free as well. At first I ate the cake and ice cream together, but they both did seem better on their own. (I'm not a big food mixer). I will definitely make both of these again.

A "tradition" of sorts here on the community seems to be each person gets presented with a chocolate bar and their birthday. I, however, can't have store bought, sugared chocolate. But I think I got the better deal out of everyone.

I'd take this over a chocolate bar any day! Avocado..mango..pineapple..even a coconut! I'm spoiled.

The next logical thing to do was make smoothies. This was my birthday supper main course.


We were not totally sure what that round fruit was (the skins are in the bottom left of the picture), but we think it may be passion fruit. It was really good and made for a wonderfully tropical smoothie with banana, pineapple, kiwi, strawberries, apple, and coconut milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment