Friday, June 25, 2010

Recipe Review: Banana Fritters


Other than "Nourishing Traditions", blogs are the only place I can actually find recipes that are good for me. I've found lots of scrumptious looking recipes and occasionally I even get around to making some of them.

This recipe is from The Healthy Home Economist, one of the many blogs that I follow. I followed the recipe pretty closely, only substituting agave for the honey. I often change things, but the first time through I try to stick to it, and this one definitely does not need tweaking. The only thing that wasn't clear in the instructions was that I cut the bananas in half after I thinly sliced them, they tend to be too big and will break if you don't. It looks like from the picture on her blog that that is what she did too.


I used two bananas for this with just a bit of batter left over. I considered mixing the leftovers with my scrambled eggs in the morning, but my husband suggested we just cook it up and eat it now. The pancake that resulted wasn't so much to get excited over, however the fritters were amazing. The banana really makes it, they are so naturally sweet. A non-health (sugar eater) conscience person was over at the time of making these tasty treats and I gave him one to try. He really liked them, so I find it's always a very good sign when someone who may not normally like what I like, actually thinks something healthy tastes good. 


I will definitely be making these again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrea, thanks so much for reviewing my recipe. I'm so glad you enjoyed them as much as we do in our home!

    ReplyDelete